Scripture: Genesis 29-30
- Students will learn we can trust in Gods’ promises to us in the Bible
- Students will learn God’s plans and timing are perfect
- Students will learn God expects us to obey Him, follow His plans and wait for His timing
- Students will learn God’s plans will ultimately succeed even if someone tries to ruin them.
- Although God never sanctioned polygamy, it was common during the time of the patriarchs.
- Men often married women related to them to help ensure their wives had similar beliefs and morals.
- It was not considered wrong in this era of polygamy for a man to have children by multiple wives and concubines.
- Concubines were more like a secondary wife than a mistress.