Scripture: Genesis 1-2
- Students will review the story of Creation, paying special attention to units of time
- Students will learn/review how to convert units of time to other units of time
- Students will play a game that allows them to practice converting various units of time to other units of time
Guiding Question: How do you convert one unit of time to another?
$ Paper, pencils
$$ Laminated game boards, game cards, dice, game pieces
[EXAMPLE GAME BOARD AND CARDS]
Procedure: Review the Creation story, focusing on the units of time. Teach or review the concept of converting time by turning each day of Creation into hours, minutes, or seconds. Continue by converting multiple days into different units. Divide the students into teams of four. Give each team a game set. Have them follow the directions on the game board and cards. Allow them to use scratch paper to compute their answers.
- What other Bible stories mention time?
- What happens when you convert the time in the Bible story to another unit of time?
Supplemental Activity: Have the students create their own game cards and play these student created games.