Scripture: Genesis 1-2
- Students will review the Creation story
- Students will create a production helping them remember the details of the story
- Students will present their production as a way of sharing their faith with others
Guiding Question: How can we share the story of Creation with others in a dramatic way?
$ Found materials
$$ Various articles of clothing and inexpensive items
$$$ Costumes, props, scenery
Procedure: Have the students write, practice, and perform a drama depicting the Creation story. Encourage them to be creative as they attempt to portray the various things God created. Allow them to perform the finished drama for others.
- Who is the “star” of your drama, the things God created or God, the creator?
- Why do some people make creation the “star” of their drama?
- What else does the Bible say about God as the Creator?
- Have students write and compose music for their drama.
- Film the finished drama and share it with others.
Please note: This activity can take much longer than an average activity