Scripture: Genesis 31-33
- Students will review the story of Jacob leaving and reuniting with Esau.
- Students will learn that Jacob’s hip was damaged to remind him of his wrestling.
- Students will learn/review the parts of the body and words needed on a doctor’s visit.
- Students will participate in an activity to practice using words needed during a visit to the doctor.
Guiding Question: What words are needed on a visit to the doctor’s office?
Materials: none (having costumes and props will make the activity more fun)
Procedure: Review the story of Jacob focusing especially on Jacob’s hip that was damaged after wrestling. Teach/review words for body parts and other words that may be used during a visit to the doctor. Have students role play life in a busy doctor’s office. Students playing patients should each have a large number of body parts causing them problems. Have students rotate roles if time allows.
- What additional words might be used by a patient in the hospital?
Supplemental Activity: Have students repeat the activity, except this time the setting is a hospital. Encourage them to use the additional vocabulary words properly.