Scripture: Acts 9:1-19, Luke 24:45-49
- Students will review the story of Ananias and Saul’s Conversion.
- Students will learn how God used Ananias to help convert Saul.
- Students will understand how Saul loved God yet was unsure what God’s direction was for his life.
- Students will learn about the opportunities to serve fourth world countries
Guiding Question: How can we serve as missionaries to fourth world countries?
Materials: The materials for the service project will be dependent on the mission team’s need.
Procedure: Review the story of Ananias and Saul’s conversion with the students as well as the idea of short term missions and moving to another country to become a missionary. Have a member of the church who has served on a missions team in a fourth world country share what their experience was and how they were able to share God with those who lived there. This member can bring souvenirs and/or pictures to share to help the students relate to the culture. After sharing, the students can participate in a service project that meets the needs of the country in which the church member did mission work.
- How can students support fourth world countries from home?
Supplemental Activity: Let students research charities that serve fourth world countries that they could support from home while also sharing God’s love.