Scripture: Genesis 1-2
- Students will review the Creation story
- Students will review what was created on each day of Creation
- Students will participate in an activity to help them remember what was created on each day
Guiding Question: What did God create on the first six days of Creation?
$ Found materials
$$ Torn tissue paper in various colors, plain sheets of paper, glue
Procedure: Have students create a work of art (collage) illustrating the first six days of creation using found materials/torn pieces of tissue paper. Have students share and explain their finished collages with the class.
- How is God still involved in creation today?
- When people create or invent items today, how is God involved?
- How important do you think it is to take care of God’s creation? Can you find Bible verses to support your thoughts?
Supplemental Activity: Instead of individual works of art, have students work together to design and create one large work of art.