Scripture: Genesis 1-2
- Students will review the story of creation
- Students will learn God is the creator
- Students will learn God is still involved in creation today
- Students will learn even “man-made” objects are only possible because God created raw materials, as well as mankind, whom he gifted with intelligence, talents, and creativity
Guiding Question: What is in our environment that God created either directly or indirectly?
$ No special materials
$$ Sketch pads/paper and pencils
Procedure: Take students on a long walk near your classroom or on a hiking trail. As you walk with the students, have them point out/sketch/photograph the things they see that God created. Discuss how seeds, weather, and man’s talents are still a result of God’s creation. Even though God may no longer create something out of nothing, He is still indirectly involved in the Creation of everything.
- How is God still involved in creation today?
- When people create or invent things, how is God involved?
- Why do some people worship the creation/nature rather than the Creator (God)?
- How important do you think it is to take good care of God’s creation? Can you find Bible verses to support your thoughts?
Supplemental Activity: Have students combine their sketches/photos to create a larger piece of art honoring God as the Creator.