Scripture: Genesis 42-50
- Students will learn God has a plan, but sometimes bad things still happen.
- Students will learn God is always there working, even when things don’t make sense to us.
- Students will learn people can change and begin doing what God wants them to do.
- Students will learn God wants us to forgive those who sin against us.
- Students will learn vocabulary associated with moving.
Guiding Question: How can God support us in difficult situations?
Procedure: Review how Joseph endured many challenges such as being sold by his brothers into a foreign land and being unjustly sent to prison. Focus on the challenges of having to move around. Often difficult challenges happen in life and we do not always understand why they happen. However, God uses the difficult times in life to help make our lives beautiful and purposeful so that we can better serve Him. We must remember that people can change and begin following God’s path for their life. We can be there to help and support them but they have to make the choice to do so. God wants us to forgive others even when it is difficult just as God forgives our sins.
Introduce the activity. Remind students that when you move from one place to another, there are certain words used in moving. Review words used when moving such as dolly, packaging tape, moving company, load, etc. Then have the students pair up and take turns being a moving company and helping someone who needs to move. Have students practice words for things found in a house, rooms, furniture, etc.
Additional Questions: How can moving words be used in real life situations?
Supplemental Activity: Have students create a brochure for their own moving company. The students can include information about their company, what they can help people do when moving, etc.