Scripture: Genesis 15-17
- Students will learn we can trust in God’s promises to us in the Bible
- Students will learn God’s plans and timing are perfect
- Students will learn God expects us to obey Him, follow His plans and wait for His timing
- Students will learn there may be short and long term consequences for not waiting and following God’s plans
- Laws in the time of Abraham allowed a man who had no children to adopt a servant as an heir. It also allowed for those rights of the heir to be transferred back to the wife’s child should she eventually have one.
- Covenants were often made official by the two parties walking down a path which had pieces of raw animal meat laying on either side of it.
- The name a person was given during this time was very important. Changing a name, as God changed Abram to Abraham, meant God had marked him for something special.
- Circumcision was known in the time of Abraham, but was never performed on babies. Doctors have found the eighth day of life if the perfect time to circumcise with the least possible pain and possible harm to the child.
- coming soon!