Scripture: Genesis 25-26
- Students will learn God’s plans do not always make sense to the world
- Students will learn God often uses people the world would not expect to carry out His plans
- Students will learn decisions made hastily (without weighing the possible outcomes) can create negative consequences
- Students will learn God hates lies. Our lies can cause earthly consequences.
- Students will learn God keeps His promises, even if they aren’t completely fulfilled in our lifetime.
- The firstborn son was more important than the rest of the children in his family. He received the best blessing and twice the amount of inheritance as the rest of his siblings.
- Fathers could not give the rights of the older son to a younger sibling except under very special circumstances.