Scripture: Genesis 42-50
- Students will learn God has a plan, but sometimes bad things still happen.
- Students will learn God is always there working, even when things don’t make sense to us.
- Students will learn people can change and begin doing what God wants them to do.
- Students will learn God wants us to forgive those who sin against us.
- There is archaeological evidence of either Joseph or someone very much like him that has been found in Egypt.
- Dreams were very important to Egyptians and they wanted to understand them.
- Egyptians were normally clean shaven in the time of Joseph, while the Jewish people wore beards.
- Joseph’s family settled in Goshen, an area of Egypt about 900 square miles. It was some of the best farm land in Egypt.
- As far as we know, Jacob and Joseph are the only two people in the Bible who were mummified. This made it easier to take their bodies back to bury in Abraham’s tomb.