Scripture: Genesis 12, 15 and 20
- Students will learn God made Abram a very special promise.
- Students will learn Abram lived in Haran in what is now southern Turkey.
- Students will learn Abram obeyed God even when he didn’t totally understand where God was leading him.
- Students will learn Abram lied twice about his relationship with Sarai.
- Students will learn others suffered because of Abram’s lies.
- Students will learn God hates lies.
- Students will learn sin often has earthly consequences, which can hurt us and/or others.
- The average travel speed in the time of Abram was about 20 miles (32 km) a day. It would have taken Abram about a month to get to Canan if he went the maximum distance every day.
- Famine was common in the MIddle East and people often went to Egypt in search of food because the Egyptian crops were dependent on river water and not rain for nourishment.
- Covenants were often made official by the people involved walking down a path with dead animals on either side.
- coming soon!