Scripture: Genesis 24
- Students will learn it is important to choose a godly spouse
- Students will learn God gives us people in our lives who can help us make godly choices
- Students will learn it is important to ask for God’s help in finding a godly spouse who will help us stay close to Him
- Marriages to relatives were common in the time of Isaac.
- Marriage within one’s clan helped ensure one’s spouse would have been raised with similar beliefs and values .
- Marriages in this time were often arranged and the groom and the bride’s family exchanged gifts.
- One camel can drink twenty gallons of water. The fact that Rebekah offered to draw water for all of the camels was a huge act of service.